SONYA PETROVA is originally from Bulgaria and she is a highly motivated and enthusiastic, who has been involved in many phases of the Competitive Rhythmic Gymnastics and Performing Arts.
She was a member of the Bulgarian National Team Individually and Group.
Here are some of the achievements she has competing as Bulgarian National Team Member:
• In 1991 At the Bulgarian National Championship she won 2nd Place All Around, 1st Place Ball-National Champion 3rd Place Ribbon & Clubs.
• In 1992 At the Bulgarian National Championships she won 1st Place Ribbon – National Champion, 3rd Place All Around, 3rd Place Clubs & Hoop
• At the International Tournament “Tsaritsa Margarita” she won 2nd Place All Around and 2 gold and 2 silver medals in the Finals of the separate events.
• At the International Tournament in Kalamata, Greece she ranked 3rd Place All Around and 4 bronze medals in the Finals of the separate events.
• At the International Tournament in Valkeakovski, Finland she won 2nd Place All Around and 1 gold and 3 silver medals in the Finals.
Sonya studied at Bulgarian National Sports Academy and she has extensive training in Ballet, jazz and modern Dance and was a Member of the Bulgarian Ballet Theater
She has a remarkable career performing as a Rhythmic gymnast, dancer, contortionist and various aerial acts all around the World. She performed at “Everland” Amusement Park in South Korea, Sea World, Walt Disney, Universal Studios, Aerial Company “Antigravity”, special events, TV-shows, movies and commercials.